Cranchi Yacht history

1866: Giovanni CRANCHI opens his first workshop on the shores of Lake Como (Lombardy, North Italy).


1870: Is the year when the firm, still strictly a handcraft business, is registered.

1932: one of the founder’s grandsons, also called Giovanni, purchases a building in Brienno (Como) and transforms it into a shipyard.
1952: Giovanni CRANCHI, with his children, devotes himself to the mass production of wooden boats.

1970: Aldo CRANCHI, representing the 4th generation, begins the production of fiberglass boats.

1972: the Pilotina 4.85 (which will later become 5.80m) is created, and is immediately a success: in just under 6 years, more than 1,550 of them are produced.

1974: more than 1,000 boats produced.
1997: the CRANCHI� MARINE TEST CENTRE for the water tests of prototypes and the presentation of new models.

2000: San Giorgio di Nogaro (Udine) is again the birthplace of the new, futuristic factory
2003: the third plant is opened in Colico (Lecco)..

2005: Plant 4 gets under way, the factory that will produce boats of more than 50 feet.

2006: the year of transformation: previously an s.r.l. (limited liability company), CRANCHI� becomes an S.p.A. (joint-stock company). A new era is opening under the guidance of the 5th generation, represented by Alessandra, Paola, Elena and Guido Cranchi, together with Franco Monzino.

2011: the 2011 yachts that are coming are a WOW!

Leave a Reply